Don’t check your privilege, fill in the bubble entirely or else the scantron won’t be able to read it and your answers will be rendered invalid.
Racism means that a 15-year-old white girl is a girl while a 15-year-old girl of color is a woman.
I hope in Thor: The Dark World, Darcy meets Loki and then tasers him.
- Loki: I am a GOD and if you think you can threaten me with such a--
- Darcy: [Tasers Loki]
- Loki: [Is on the ground, making whale noises]
- Everyone else: [Stares at Darcy]
- Darcy: What, he was freaking me out!!
Things I dont understand part 1
- Why do men get to have a say in women’s rights?
- Why do straight people get to decide if queer people can marry?
- Why do only white people get to decide if something’s “really” racist?
- Why does anyone who is not a part of a group try to make decisions for and about that group? Like what they can and cant do, what’s a “real” issue and what isnt, and whether they have a “right” to feel angry or not?
The best thing to come out the internet is we all got to know the wonder of George Takei.
Such a sweet guy.
My beloved Martha Jones!
doctor who meme revamp | six companions (2/6) | Martha Jones
I spent a lot of time with you thinking I was second best, but do you know what? I am good.
[Image: “A pregnant woman was fired for carrying a water bottle at work. Tell your representative: No one should have to choose between a safe pregnancy and a job. Support the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. http://bit.ly/ProtectPregnantWorkers”]
Did you know that pregnant women have been fired for using the bathroom to vomit, needing to carry a water bottle on the job, or asking to sit on a stool instead of standing in place all day? While employers have to make allowances like these for other types of temporary disabilities, a number of bad court decisions have encouraged them to feel they can get away with firing or mistreating pregnant workers with impunity.
It’s disgraceful and unacceptable that at a time when unnecessary budget cuts are decimating food, medical, and educational supports for low-income families, pregnant women continue to be pushed out of their jobs just as they take on all the expenses of having a new baby.
This is unacceptable. Pregnant workers need more protection. With a child coming up they need employment more than ever. Please contact your rep.